Wharekura Organisation Funding
Wharekura Fund | Funding for rangatahi developing Organisations
Who is this funding for?
Apply for this if you have been running programmes for rangatahi in your community and want to develop an organisation to continue to grow your impact and do long term good stuff for rangatahi. You may have started developing an organisation or it might still just be an idea. Either is fine but we need to know you are serious and have a good plan.
- Your organisation needs to be rangatahi led.
- You need to be aged between 18-24 years old.
- You need to live in the ECCT rohe. Check out this map to see if you are in the region.
- You need to be in one or more of our communities of focus:
- Rangatahi Māori
- Pasifika youth
- Young people with disabilities
- Rainbow youth
- In a community experiencing hardship/disadvantage. (If you don’t think it’s real obvious that you are in a community experiencing hardship, have a talk with us).
- You need to have already run projects and programmes for rangatahi in your community.
How much funding can I get?
You can get up to $25,000 funding for a year. If you get this funding, you can apply for another $25,000 for another year. This funding also comes with coaching support to help you develop your organisation and a connection to other rangatahi doing this kind of kaupapa.
What can I get funding for?
We are looking for rangatahi-led organisations which are focused on positive rangatahi development. The things you run under your kaupapa need to be about making a positive youth development impact for rangatahi who participate. This is things like rangatahi:
- having a stronger sense of belonging
- growing a positive identity of who they are
- feeling more confident in themselves
- growing their leadership skills
- building some new skills to help them in life
- or other impact you want for rangatahi to help them in their life journey!
What are we looking for?
- Organisations created by rangatahi for rangatahi
- Organisations which are needed and fill something important in their community
- Organisations which involve rangatahi in designing and leading their kaupapa (for example, if you are running a programme for 15-16 year olds, how will you involve them in designing the kaupapa and how will you grow their leadership in your kaupapa?)
- Rangatahi in our communities of focus running programmes for their own people (i.e. rangatahi māori running a programme with rangatahi māori)
Ready to apply?
You will need to register through the ECCT grants portal FLUXX and you can do an application online. There is a bit more stuff to fill out in this application so it might take you a couple of hits to put a final application in on this one.
A bit stuck? Email us at [email protected] and we can help you out!