Rangiātea Programme Funding
Rangiātea Fund | Funding for rangatahi leading programmes
Who is this funding for?
We prefer if you have already run projects for rangatahi before you apply to this fund. If you haven’t – check out our Mātangireia Funding.
- Your programme needs to be rangatahi-led.
- You need to be aged between 16-24 years old.
- You need to live in the ECCT rohe. Check out this map to see if you are in the region.
- You need to be in one or more of our communities of focus:
- Rangatahi Māori
- Pasifika youth
- Young people with disabilities
- Rainbow youth
- In a community experiencing hardship/disadvantage. (If you don’t think it’s real obvious that you are in a community experiencing hardship, have a talk with us).
- We prefer if you have already run projects for rangatahi before you apply to this fund (if you haven’t – check out our Matangireia funding!)
How much funding can I get?
You can get up to $10,000 funding for a year and then you can apply for another year after that.
What can I get funding for?
We are looking for rangatahi-led programmes which are focused on positive rangatahi development. Your programme could be lots of activities or focused on one activity with rangatahi – you could be doing a mara kai, painting murals or doing a sports programme but the impact you want to have for rangatahi who participate are things like:
- having a stronger sense of belonging
- growing a positive identity of who they are
- feeling more confidence in themselves
- growing in their leadership skills
- building some new skills to help them in life
- or other impact you want for rangatahi to help them in their life journey!
What are we looking for?
- Programmes created by rangatahi for rangatahi
- Programmes which show how the rangatahi you will work with (your participants) will be involved in designing and leading the programme with you (for example, if you are running a programme for 15-16 year olds, how will you involve them in designing the kaupapa and how will you grow their leadership in your kaupapa?)
- Rangatahi in our communities of focus running programmes for their own people (i.e. rangatahi māori running a programme with rangatahi māori)
Ready to apply?
You will need to register through the ECCT grants portal FLUXX and you can do an application online. There is a bit more stuff to fill out in this application so it might take you a couple of hits to put a final application in on this one.
A bit stuck? Email us at [email protected] and we can help you out!