Does ECCT have a newsletter I can subscribe to?
Yes, we do have a newsletter that we send out each quarter, with updates and handy information.
Click here to subscribe.
How long does it take to get a Community Assets & Facilities Fund application processed?
The Community Assets & Facilities fund is a two step process.
The first step is to complete an Expression of Interest (EOI). It can take up to three months to hear the outcome of an EOI.
The second step is to complete a Capital Works application. Both applications require time to assess the information provided.
The quickest it will take to process through the EOI and Capital Works application stage is five to six months, and you should plan your project accordingly.
What we don’t fund
In general, Eastern & Central Community Trust will not make grants for the following:
- Individuals (except for capability building through the Development pathway of the Grassroots Fund)
- Travel overseas or outside the region
- Conference attendance or accommodation
- Retrospective expenses, completed projects or events
- Uniforms that do not remain the property of the applicant organisation
- Prizes, trophies and awards ceremonies
- Commercial organisations
- Religious ministry
- Loan repayments or other debt instrument repayments
- Venture capital
- Earthquake strengthening
The Trust will also not fund:
- Church-based or religious activities which should, in the view of a reasonable person, be the responsibility of the churches to fund. The Trust will only consider projects being sponsored by churches or religious organisations where there is a clear wider community benefit from such a project.
- Projects that are clearly the responsibility of central or local government.
- Purely for-profit groups. However, it may consider social enterprise initiatives and applications from not-for-profit groups that have an aim of supporting the community through enhanced economic activity.
- Those groups that have a political activity as their focus.
- Projects that do not have a direct benefit to people. Any environmental or animal-related projects must show a direct benefit to people.
If you are unsure about whether your application is eligible, please call us free on: 0800 878 720.
Can I apply to ECCT for full funding for a project or programme?
Eastern & Central Community Trust rarely provides full funding for a project or programme. If you are looking for funding for a building or capital project, we may ask if you have any other funders lined up, and how much money you will be putting towards your project.
If you’re unsure about how much you may apply for, feel free to contact us on: 0800 878 720 (free), 06 878 7200, or email us: [email protected]
Grassroots Fund – what documents do I need?
If you are applying to the Grassroots Fund, the following documents are mandatory:
- Your latest Annual Accounts
- Confirmation of your bank account – this can be a pre-printed deposit slip, or a verified confirmation from your bank
- A signed resolution with two signatures from office bearers, confirming your authority to apply to ECCT for funding
You will also need to attach any relevant quotes for items (like vehicles) you are seeking funding for.
Do I need to complete an accountability or audit report?
As part of our grants process, we’re keen to find out how our funding helped your organisation, so we will ask you to complete a simple accountability (or audit) report.
But because Fluxx is such a new system, we haven’t set up our accountability form in Fluxx yet. We’ll let you know when it is available and ready to be filled in. Once it has been uploaded, the accountability report will appear in your Fluxx portal.
In the meantime, don’t worry about having to complete one. We’ll keep you updated on when the new form has been uploaded, and the information we’re looking for.
If you’ve got an accountability report that has not yet been completed from previous funding rounds, we recommend you fill it in and send it back to us as soon as possible, because we can’t accept new applications from you if this hasn’t been completed. In the past we didn’t ask every organisation for an accountability report, so there will only be a small group with incomplete reports.
If you’re not sure if you have an outstanding report, or you’ve lost the old form, please call us on: 0800 878 720 or email: [email protected] to check.