Eastern & Central Community Trust (ECCT) is calling for Expressions of Interest for a Board of Trustee position/vacancy.
The Minister of Finance is charged with the responsibility of appointing Trustees, and each year invites ECCT to put forward suitable nominations. As well as seeking nominations from the Trust, the Minister can receive applications directly from interested parties. The appointment process is managed by the Department of Internal Affairs.
To apply, you must reside within the Trust’s legislative boundary (Tairawhiti, Hawke’s Bay, Manawatu, Tararua, Horowhenua, Wairarapa), and have significant networks within the region. This should be coupled with a passion to see everyone in our region succeed, and support for our Strategic Plan including our Vision, Values and Strategic Pou.
We are keen to hear from those who can bring at least some of the following skills and experience:
- Experience in housing and property development, in particular social housing.
- Social sector experience and/or working with rangatahi.
- Governance experience working in partnerships and collaboratively.
- Business, financial and /or investment experience.
- Strong connections to the communities we serve, including Mana
- Whenua, Tangata Whenua, Pasifika, disabled people, and people from a range of ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
In addition to these skills you will share our commitment to becoming a Tangata Tiriti organisation, a climate-aware organisation, and to ECCT kaupapa, values and equity.
The Board welcomes applications from critical thinkers open to progressive new ways to support our communities and the capacity to put in the mahi. We would particularly welcome applications from those in the Wairoa district. This is a paid board position and time commitment is between 30-40 days per year.
To register your Expression of Interest, please submit your CV and covering letter to the Chief Executive – [email protected]. All enquiries and Expressions of Interest will be treated in confidence.
Expressions of Interest must be submitted by 31st March 2023.