What we do
Ma te Kite, ma te hanga, ka puawai apopo | With Vision, with strategy, tomorrow will blossom
Te Whāinga Tahuhu | Vision
Building stronger, more sustainable communities.
Te Koruru | Mission
With integrity, courage and expertise, we manage and distribute funds to help build stronger, more sustainable communities in the Eastern and central parts of New Zealand’s North Island.
Wāriu | Values
Our values are the principles that guide us daily in achieving our vision.
Collectively, these values help ensure we leave a lasting legacy where future generations thrive.
- Ngākau pono (Integrity): Integrity is at the core of everything we do.
- Ngākau Whakaute (Respect): For each other and our communities.
- Ahei (Enabling): We enable community organisations to meet their goals and aspirations.
- Kaitiakitanga (guardians): Courageous guardians of our assets, our people and our environment.
- Urupare (Responsiveness): We are flexible in responding to our communities’ needs.
Ngā Whāinga Pou Tāhū | Objectives
- Te Pūtea (Capital) – to preserve the capital base in real terms while making consistent levels of distributions.
- Tohatoha (Giving) – to distribute Trust funds, in partnership with our communities and stakeholders, in a fair and effective manner.
- Rōpū Whakahaere (Organisation) – to exercise effective governance and management that reflects best practice.
Te Ara Whakatutuki | How we achieve this
These outcomes help guide ECCT’s work and the impact we seek from giving and other activities:
- Support community organisations that improves lives;
- Help build sustainable infrastructure that enriches people’s lives;
- Promote cohesive and constructive partnerships within our communities.